Coded 1 complete page, and in the middle of finishing my last subpage. Goal for the last week is to redo my design for my title and landing pages and put together my process book.
This week I coded two pages. For some reason my custom fonts do not show up on my webpage and neither does my wrapper. My goal for next week is to have all my pages coded.
I finished designing my last two pages of my website. I am pretty satisfied by how the webpages (at least the design) turned out. Hopefully I can translate my designs smoothly onto the web. My goal for this week is to have all 4 pages coded, and be able to refine my title pages in Week 12.
This week, I designed two more subpages for my project for the show, “Hawaii Five-O”. I did not get a chance to code, but I think I have a better design for my subpages now. I looked at a couple websites: IDEO and Hello Design in order to draw inspiration on how to make my project more dynamic. I was especially interested in Hello Design’s website where when you click on the different projects, there is a lightbox that opens up to the actual project. You never leave the main page. I want to incorporate this idea into my project for my “shows” page where the user clicks on a certain show, and a lightbox comes up containing that particular show’s website. The user can then navigate throughout the website, and when he is done, he can just close the page by clicking on the “x” and find some other show he wants to visit. This idea allows the user to not have to continuously hit the “shows” button whenever he visits another show’s website.
Only question I have is whether I still need to keep CBS’ header and footer throughout the website since it does not seem necessary at this point.
After the crit, I decided that I was going to focus more on coding my pages rather the design for now because it takes me a long to understand html/css. For some reason, I lost all my code for my homepage so I had to recode my page again. I then coded my landing page, and got it to look pretty close to my website design in Photoshop. Instead of setting up a table-cell, like what I had done for my timeline, I wanted to move away from this rigid structure and decided to make each picture and text a div, and I horizontally aligned the pictures this way. Some problems I ran into are that I have alignment issues with my rows, and I can’t seem to get my footer to look the way I want to at the moment.